.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Tamanna - Interview




Pretty actress Tamanna is spreading her wings and is doing good films in Tamil and Telugu. She was tasted a hit in Tamil with ‘Padikkathavan’ opposite Dhanush. She is all set to woo the audience again with two films- a Telugu one ‘Koncham Ishtam, Koncham Kashtam’ with Siddharth and Tamil film ‘Ayan’ opposite Surya. Tamannah is certainly heading towards stardom.

Excerpts from an Interview:

Your latest Telugu film is Koncham Ishtam, Koncham Kashtam. What made you sign it?

There are many reasons that backed me for signing the film. The film had a brilliant script. I loved the script as soon as I heard it. Also the film has Siddharth who has made a name for himself with the love stories he has done in the past. After Happy Days and Kalloori I was eager to do a romantic film again and KIKK was a perfect film for me. Also Bujji Sir produced the film and this was another reason. His films have not only been successful but have also been critically acclaimed. Also KIKK has music by Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy. All this makes the film a sumptuous one for me to sign it!

But the film is being directed by debutant director Kishore Kumar. Didn’t you have any apprehension about it?

There was no reason for concern as the script made it evident, the idea what the director had in mind was clear. It was a wonderful script. He showed his confidence in his craft from the very beginning itself. He was very patient. He conveyed what he wanted and gave us time to understand that. Also Siddharth had always worked with newer directors and they have always succeeded. Kishore Sir has done a brilliant job and made a wonderful film. KIKK is going to take him far. For me it has been an easygoing experience for me working with him. I am very happy that the film has come out so good.

What is your role in the film?

It is a kind of first for me. I am playing a girl from a village, a simple girl. The role gave me scope to do something different from my previous works. I am looking forward to doing more such subtle and underplayed character. In the film I am wearing salwar kameezes and ethnic skirts with ethnic tops.

How has it been sharing screen with veterans like Prakash Raj, Ramya Krishnan, Brahmanandam, Sunil, Venu Madhav and more?

Prakash Raj Sir is a brilliant actor though I didn’t have much scene with him. I worked with him for just two or three days and it was wonderful experience. Nasser Sir plays my father in the film and Sudhaji my mother. They are veterans but very easy to work with. I enjoyed working with them. Ramya Krishnanji's Padayappa was my reference for my first Tamil film Kedi. I looked up to her since then. I had a couple of scenes with her. Ita a great opportunity for me to work with an actress like her.

How was it working with Siddharth?

Siddharth thinks a lot before giving a shot. Other than handling the acting part he is also interested in other aspects of filmmaking. He has been very helpful. He was open to help me whenever I got into trouble. As a performer he is amazing.

Anything you have to say about the music of Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy?

Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy are one of the finest music directors. They have composed the music keeping the film in mind. Most of the songs are situational and they have created the music in sync with the film. After watching the film, the songs will find wider acceptance.

Are you comfortable with Telugu films?

I am practicing Telugu speaking it whenever possible. Siddharth tells me, 'you should work harder. Next film you should be dubbing.' May be I will dub soon. By my next film I should be ready.

You were seen in a cameo appearance in Ready?

Ravi Kishore Garu wanted me to do the special appearance for Ram's film. It was a cute role and agreed to do it on goodwill

Any more Telugu films on cards?

I haven't finalised anything yet. I am just hearing scripts right now. May be soon I will fix something.

Are you happy with the response of Padikkathavan?

I find the film a good one and enjoyed watching it. It for the mass audience. I have more Tamil films to do. After Paiyya and Raja Rani, I'll be taking up more Telugu films.

Courtesy : MusicIndiaOnline

Tags : Thamanna, Thamanna biography, Thamanna profile, Thamanna films, Thamanna awards, Thamanna movies, Thamanna gallery, actress Thamanna telugu film actress gallery, telugu film actress, Thamanna photo, actress Thamanna, bollywood actress Thamanna, telugu actress Thamanna, Thamanna gallery, Thamanna stills, Thamanna images, Thamanna pictures, Thamanna photos, actress Thamanna gallery, bollywood actress, bollywood actor, bollywood movies, bollywood gallery, telugu actress, telugu actors, gallery, stills, images, photos, pictures, download, actress gallery, actors gallery, telugu actors gallery, telugu actress gallery, telugu actors stills, telugu actress stills, telugu image gallery, telugu movie gallery, telugu movie stills, photo gallery, image gallery, movie gallery, screensavers, twallpapers, indian films, telugu wallpaper, chiranjeevi, nagarjuna, venkatesh, farzana, nayanthara, trisha, charmi, Thamanna, charme, prabhas, gopichand, mahesh babu, sumanth, allu arjun, pawan kalyan, Ileana, Kajal Agarwal, Kamalini Mukherjee, Kamna Jetmalani, Kausha, Kaveri Jha, Madhu Sharma, Mumaith Khan, Navneet Kaur, namitha, Nisha Kothari, Poonam Bajwa, Poonam Kaur, Priyamani, Tamanna, Trisha, genelia, parvati melton, news, entertainment,movie, movies, film, films, telugu, movie, stars, actors, actress,telugu posters