.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Priyamani - An Interview



When was the first time you saw yourself on screen and said, “Wow, I’m not bad. I’m a good actor”?

It’s taken me six years to get here. It’s only after 'Paruthi Veeran' that people started noticing my acting skills. I would call it the beginning of my second innings in films

I wasn’t sure whether I could carry off the role of a village girl but yes, my hard work did pay off.

After spending years in this industry, do you feel that acting is really what you have always wanted to do?

Initially acting was definitely not what I was made for. But after the success of 'Paruthi Veeran', I never looked back.

And I feel that these years have been an incredible learning curve for me.

What goes through your mind when you watch yourself on-screen?

Whenever I see my films, I watch my own performance alone. The idea is to look at things and analyse where I can work more. I look for areas where I could have done better.

Is it correct to say that male actors work harder than female ones?

There is this perception that men work harder than women in the film industry

It depends on the script. If it is male-oriented, they will get more dominating roles and vice-versa. All the women that I have worked with work as hard as their male counterparts.

How close do you think you have gotten to your goal?

I think I am far away from my goal. I’m looking forward to doing more films with different shades, be it grey or comedy.

What do you look for when you’re picking roles? Do you look for characters, you can relate to or characters that will reveal themselves while you play them?

I definitely have to be able to relate to my character at some level so that I can get more out of it, and eventually, become the character. I have to love the character that I’m going to play.

Who are your idols in the industry?

Sridevi and Kajol. I absolutely adore them. They are complete actresses. They did everything so well and just so right. They are so magical on-screen.

What is the hardest role you have played so far?

I think it would be my characters in 'Paruthi Veeran' and 'Thirakkatha'.

Who are the people you turn to for honest criticism?

Definitely my family. They are my biggest critics. At the first screening of each of my films, the fact that my family is watching it with me makes me nervous.

99 per cent of the time my mother is with me. And when I’m watching the film for the first time, I watch my family’s reaction. They are the better judges. Friends can be biased but family can never be. They will give you complete feedback and also tell you what they feel, as an audience, about the outcome of the film.

Who are your closest and real friends in the tinsel town?

And I say real because it’s easy to have acquaintances, fairweather friends.

Jagapathi Babu, Karthik, Allu Arjun, Nitin and Tamanna are my very good friends irrespective of whether we work together, irrespective of my highs and lows. They have been there as my support all the time.

Any marriage plans?

Maybe in future but definitely not now.

You think you will ever have to give up acting to be a wife and a mother?

I don’t think so because acting is something that makes me what I am. But you never know what’s in store. If my husband asks me to quit acting, I would probably. You just have to wait and watch.

Tags : priyamani interview, priyamani interview video, priyamani hot videos, priyamani sexy photos, priyamani masala photos, priyamani bikini photos, priyamani bikini stills, priyamani hot bikini gallery, priyamani saree photos, priyamani naval show, priyamani host exposure photos, priyamani news, priyamani films, priyamani latest movies, priyamani ravanam film story